The COVID-19 pandemic has turned life upside down all over the world. Fresno county is now on the Governor’s watch list and they have to show a positivity rate below 8% before it can get cleared and move into a new tier. Even then it will stay in the new tier for at least two weeks. Even though fewer people are on the roads, the number of auto accidents is more than average. It makes sense to take Auto Insurance Fresno to remain safe and free from unwanted expenses.
Choose the Right Insurance
While getting the Auto Insurance Fresno, you must pay attention to the limits imposed by the state of California to get automobile insurance. These are given below:
- Bodily injury liability coverage – At least $30,000 per accident with $15,000 coverage for each person involved in the accident.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage – At least $15,000.
- Liability for property damage – At least $5,000.
- Uninsured motorist property damage – At least $3,500 coverage.
It is natural for new car owners to opt for the cheapest option when it comes to car insurance but this might not be the best idea. At times, it pays to get a costlier plan because this gives you access to better and more features.
Auto Insurance Coverage Options for Californian Drivers
It is a wise person who goes over all the options before choosing the car insurance plan. The common Auto Insurance Fresno coverages available for Californian motorists are these:
● Liability coverage – This is for the motorist who causes the accident. It pays for the damage he causes to others in the accident including damage to property. This is the best for people who are learning to drive.
● Collision and comprehensive coverage – Collision coverage covers your vehicle for expenses due to damage in an accident. Comprehensive coverage covers your car against all other kinds of problems that could occur to the car from hail, thunderstorm, theft, and so on.
● Personal injury protection – We call this the No-Fault coverage. This is necessary in some states. This pays for medical and rehabilitation expenses, funeral expenses, replacement fees, and loss of income if it is indicated.
● Medical payment coverage – This is applicable for the driver, that is yourself, and the passenger in the car with you. It covers your medical expenses up to a specified dollar limit if you get injured in the accident. It doesn’t matter who was at fault. People with health insurance will not need this cover.
● Optional coverage – Automobile owners can choose to add to their basic Auto Insurance Fresno. These optional coverages include coverage for towing, roadside assistance, and rental reimbursement. These are not required for a motorist.
● Uninsured motorist coverage – When you are injured by an uninsured person this coverage takes care of the expenses. It might also be that the person doesn’t have enough coverage to cover the liabilities.
When you choose Auto Insurance Fresno, you have many choices. The limit of payment for insurance existing in Fresno is much less compared to those of other cities. This means the features offered in the insurance cover will also be less. Go through all the features offered and then choose your insurance cover.